1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Sweet Potato Apple Pork Roast
7 hrs 15 mins
This is an old recipe that I got from my mother, she never made it when I was younger because she doesn't like sweet potatoes. I have made this recipe now quite a few times and it always turns out moist and delicious. The mustard is optional, and I leave that out as my family doesn't like mustard, although I think it still tastes good with it. The sauce at the end is also optional, I have eaten it before without the sauce and it is still wonderful. The sauce adds a little extra touch though, but use it sparingly, or it will really overpower the great taste of the pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced 1 inch think)
- 3 medium onions (sliced and separated into rings)
- 4 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 lbs boneless center cut pork loin roast, trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 fresh sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Pour the apple juice into the crock pot. layer the sweet potatoes, onions, and apples in crock pot.
- 2In a nonstick skillet brown the pork on all sides place pork on top of the potato and apple slices.
- 3Brush the mustard over the roast (optional) and sprinkle the roast with the pepper (to taste) and sage
- 4Cover and cook on low until the roast is done. 7-9 hours.
- 5Transfer the roast to a platter and keep it warm, using a slotted spoon transfer the apple/sweet potato mixture to a bowl and keep warm.
- 6Sauce (Optional): Combine water, sugar, and cornstarch in a measuring cup. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the juices in the crock pot and cook, stirring often until they thinken. 1-2 minutes. Serve it over the apple/potato mixture and the roast.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Sweet Potato Apple Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.3
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.3 mg
- Sodium 65.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: