Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An easy Crock Pot meal to prepare. The results are really worth the wait.
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced into thin strips
- 4 lbs boneless bottom round roast
- 3 large baking potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces low-fat beef broth
- 1 ounce onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- Remove strings or netting around roast.
- Place sliced onion in the bottom of a 5 quart Crock Pot with roast placed on top.
- Place garlic and potatoes around beef roast.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together 1 1/4 cup of beef broth and onion soup mix; pour over roast.
- Place reserved beef broth into refrigerator to be used for gravy.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9 to 10 hours.
- Remove vegetables and beef with a large slotted spoon and place on a large oven proof serving platter.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in a 200 degree oven to keep warm.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix remaining beef broth with flour; gradually stir into juices.
- Turn heat to HIGH and cook for 10 minutes or until gravy thickens to your liking.