Crock Pot Caraway Beef Roast
Easy crock pot recipe. I usually add the optional sauerkraut if I have it on hand, but it's still good without it.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1⁄2 - 3 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 28 ounces sauerkraut, drained (optional)
- Place beef roast in crock pot; top with the chopped onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; pour over the roast. **If using the sauerkraut, just pour it over top.**.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or until done.
- Remove the bay leaves. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Absolutely love this recipe. I didnt use sauerkraut because my friend doesn't like it. But with the juice I made gravy and it was so flavorful. Also I didn't have caraway so I used fennel. Next time I will make it with caraway and sauerkraut just for me. DELICIOUS. I usually use onion soup mix but this is way better!!!!Reply