Recipe by SwtKitn
Works great for those that have a busy schedule and sometimes don't have time to make dinner.
Top Review by Ransomed by Fire
Very good! I liked this sauce better than the stuff from Chinese restaurants around here! I cooked mine in the oven for about 30-45 minutes and added 1 tbsp. of cornstarch and 1 tbsp of water extra about halfway through to make the sauce a little thicker. The chicken was a little lacking in flavor (maybe because I cooked it in the oven); but it was really good for dipping in the sauce. I will definitely try this again, maybe with Chinese-style fried chicken fingers next time!
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in the crock pot and mix well. Add chicken and cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High 3-4 hours.
- Before serving combine cornstarch and water in small bowl. Stir into crock pot.
- Cook 20 minutes longer on High until thickened.
- Serve over cooked rice if desired.