Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a tried and true recipe for my family. I've been making this for many years. I got the recipe from my mother-in-law. You could also use flank steak in place of the round steak for this recipe.
- 680.38-907.18 g round steaks (1 large piece, I also use bracciole if available, you want a large thin piece of meat that would be )
- 4.92 ml salt (to taste)
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 473.18 ml prepared stuffing
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 35.43 g envelope dry onion soup mix
- 297.66 g can water (use soup can)
- Pound the salt, garlic powder and black pepper into the steak.
- Lay the stuffing on top of the steak and roll up jelly-roll style.
- Place toothpicks in steak to hold in place.
- Place the steak in the crock pot.
- Mix the cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water in bowl until smooth.
- Pour over the steak in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours.
- Thicken the broth for gravy if you like.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, if desired.
- Slice the steak into serving pieces.
My husband and I really liked this recipe. I added a few red potatoes to the pot also and the gravy/sauce was very good. Thanks for posting.
This is a wonderful recipe. Make sure you really secure the sucked with some tooth picks because it gets REALLY TENDER. I also used the corn bread stuffing. Instead of pounding the steak out myself I instead used thin sliced top round. Will make again!
Really good recipe. I rolled the stuffed steak pieces in Wondra flour and then browned them in mix of butter and olive oil. I used a cornbread stuffing mix as another reviewer suggested. I replaced the water with the same amount of beef stock and used the broth to deglaze the pan I had browned the meat in then added it to step 5 . Thanks so much for posting this.