Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown ground beef; drain fat.
- Add onions and garlic. Stir until wilted.
- Add flour, salt, pepper and paprika. Mixing well.
- Stir in undiluted soup; mix well.
- Put all in crock pot on low for 6 hours. When you get ready to serve add sliced mushrooms and sour cream.
- Serve over noodles rice or potatoes.
This turned out a definite Five Star recipe. I highly recommend! I made a couple of reductions to only 1 lb ground beef and 1 onion. I left everything as is, except adding 1/4 water. Thanks for sharing!
This was a good, basic recipe that I'd like to play with and season up in the future. However because I made so many changes, I think it's only fair to leave the full recipe 5 stars. I upped the ground beef to 2 lbs, omitted the onion and mushrooms at the end (family's preference), and added 1/2 cup prepared beef bouillon, since there didn't seem to be enough moisture in the crock pot. It turned out a nice consistency, so I'm glad I did! Will be making again with some tweaks to the spices. A great start!
I've had Beef stroganoff with round steak, chicken stroganoff, and meatball stroganoff, and loved them all! This one, not so much. The meat was barely there, it dissappeared into the sauce. The consistancy was too thin, and there wasn't enough flavor overall. I don't think I'll be making this one again.