Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I have been on a veggie kick as of late and have come up with many many really awesome recipes just by playing with ingredients. This is today's experiment. I poured it over brown rice, it's so good! Please use gloves when mincing the hot peppers, or use a mini-chopper like I did!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) canro-tel extra hot diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 large portabella mushroom, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno, minced
- 1 fresh habanero, minced
- 1 tablespoon cayenne powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Dice onion, green pepper, and portabello mushroom, throw in crock pot.
- Add diced tomatoes, ro-tel, and chicken or vegetable broth.
- Add corn and all beans rinsed and drained.
- Add spices and minced hot peppers (can omit hot peppers if you can't take the serious heat).
- Stir everything together.
- Cover crock pot and cook on high 4 hours or low 7-8 hours.
Hey, I made this recipe for the superbowl. It is delicious! I didn't add corn because it wasn't in the ingredients list. I followed the rest of the recipe, and I tripled the amount of tomato paste to thicken the chili. It was a bit soupy without the extra tomato paste. For me and my family it had enough heat and was very tasty.