Recipe by litldarlin
This recipe has been handed down from one generation to the next. This recipe is also in our Family's Cook Book. You can even substitute the canned tomatoes for 2 cans of beef gravy for a totally different taste.
Top Review by Slipjig
My husband said this was the best beef stew he'd ever had, and he doesn't give such high praise easily! It was fantastic. I used a generous 1/2 tsp. basil and no oregano, and I added a can of beef broth for more liquid.
- 2 lbs boneless beef roast (cubed)
- 4 -6 stalks celery (sliced in quarters)
- 6 -8 carrots (sliced in quarters)
- 6 potatoes (cubed)
- 2 onions (cubed)
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes (cut up)
- 1⁄4 cup minute tapioca
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 large garlic clove (minced)