Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Not sure where I got this recipe, but it is a simple one to make in the crock pot. Plan ahead, this needs to marinate overnight in the refrigerator and cook for 8-12 hours.
- Trim roast of all excess fat.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except roast, flour, water and gingersnaps; stir well.
- Place roast in marinade with fat side down; refrigerate overnight.
- Pour vegetable marinade into crock pot.
- Place marinated roast in crock pot with fat side up.
- Cover and cook on low setting 8 to 12 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving, remove roast and turn to high setting.
- Make a smooth paste of flour and water; stir into crock pot with gingersnaps.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Slice roast and return to gravy for serving.