12 hrs 15 mins
Not sure where I got this recipe, but it is a simple one to make in the crock pot. Plan ahead, this needs to marinate overnight in the refrigerator and cook for 8-12 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim roast of all excess fat.
- 2In large bowl, combine all ingredients except roast, flour, water and gingersnaps; stir well.
- 3Place roast in marinade with fat side down; refrigerate overnight.
- 4Pour vegetable marinade into crock pot.
- 5Place marinated roast in crock pot with fat side up.
- 6Cover and cook on low setting 8 to 12 hours.
- 7Thirty minutes before serving, remove roast and turn to high setting.
- 8Make a smooth paste of flour and water; stir into crock pot with gingersnaps.
- 9Cook and stir until thickened.
- 10Slice roast and return to gravy for serving.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Sauerbraten
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.9
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 226.8 mg
- Sodium 1339.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 64.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: