Tandoori -Style Yogurt-Marinated Chicken Legs for the Grill
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 25mins
8 chicken legs
- 2 1⁄2 cups full-fat plain yogurt, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 chicken legs (with thighs attached, skin on or removed)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- In a processor blend 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt with the next 9 ingredients (the lemon juice to cayenne pepper) until smooth and well blended; transfer to a large bowl; mix in the remaining 1 cup yogurt with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the chicken and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Prepare the grill to a medium-high heat.
- Place the marinated-coated chicken on the grill, do not wash off the yogurt marinade, but discard any marinade from the bowl.
- Grill the chicken (about 12-13 minutes per side) basting with melted butter the last 5 minutes of cooking on both sides, season with more salt and pepper if desired while cooking.
Join The Conversation
So very, very good! I made it with just chicken legs (it was what was on sale! LOL) and only marinaded it for a few hours due to lack of planning and they were still excellent! My kids loved the slightly spicy flavor and they were even better the next day! Paired with Canary Island Spicy Potatoes (#95310) and green beans for a gluten free dinner. Delicious!