Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A friend of mine gave me this recipe, she loves it and claims it is just a plain ol' pleasant soup. Try some crumbled goat cheese on top.
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, well drained, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth or 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup day old bread cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients, except parsley and cheese, in 3 1/2 qt slow cooker; mix well.
- Cover and cook on LOW 7-8 hours or till eggplant is very tender.
- Just before serving, stir in parsley.
- Ladle into soup bowls and top with cheese.