1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Rice & Vegetable Medley
4 hrs 40 mins
4 hrs 20 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
From Canadian Living Slow cooker Cookbook Special. This is a recipe I'd like to try soon. It looks so easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups parboiled rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch crumbled saffron threads or 1 pinch ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Saute the onion, carrots, celery and garlic, stirring occasionally, until the onion has softened (about 5 min).
- 3Add sauteed veggies to slow cooker.
- 4Add vegetable stock, rice, sun dried tomatoes, salt, pepper and saffron.
- 5Cover and cook for 4 hours on low until the rice is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- 6Stir in the peas, peppers and lemon juice using a fork.
- 7Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes until hot and peppers are tender.
- 8Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Rice & Vegetable Medley
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.4
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 401.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: