Crock Pot Thyme Roasted Beets
photo by limeandspoontt
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 30mins
- 12 beets (about 2 bunches)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Peel and dice the beets, then place in crock pot.
- Add garlic, 1/4 cup water, oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stir all ingredients until well combined.
- Cover and cook for 6 hours on low until tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Went to Farmer's Market and they had a bumper crop of baby beets so I bought some. I've never worked with fresh beets before always using canned, so came to Zaar and picked this one as liked the ease of using the crock pot. Glad I did too, even DH who was adament that he does NOT like beets liked these. His remark was "they have their own distenct taste, not like those canned things" since I had small baby beets I followed another reviewers comment and didn't cube but left whole in the crock pot, other than that followed the directions exactly and glad I did. I added a pat of butter when I took them to the table and that was nice too. Made for "All You can eat Buffet event"
see 7 more reviews