Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Beat the heat and keep your kitchen cool by serving this delicious and creamy potato dish to go with your grilled dinner. This is one recipe where I break my "no canned soups" credo. It's just too good to pass up. This recipe is from BHG's Slow Cooker Book.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1/16 ounce) package buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- Place the cut up potatoes in the crock pot.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients and then spoon over the potatoes.
- Stir to blend well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 7 hours.
- Stir gently before serving.
I've made this as directed twice now for BBQs and am going to have to start doubling the recipe since! The first time I used well scrubbed russets (it was what I had) and left the skins on, the second time I used both russets and red potatoes and it turned out beautiful and yummy each way, the kids loved it. I cooked it on High for 3 1/2 hours.
These were very good. The sauce was nice and creamy. They were also very easy to prepare. I will make these again. Thanks for posting.
I served this at our lake house and it was a hit. I should have made a double batch. Love these potatoes. So easy to make and they taste delicious!!!