photo by Wildflour
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Cook potatoes and onions together in a little water until tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease casserole dish with butter or something similar.
- In casserole, place a layer (maybe an inch thick) of potatoes and onions.
- On top of that add a layer of ranch dressing, enough to coat the top of potatoes and onions.
- Next, put a layer of cheese on top of ranch.
- Repeat with another layer of potatoes and onions, then ranch, and finish with layer of cheese on top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe was very good, but I tend to get lazy, especially when cooking for a lot of people. I tossed the sliced potatoes with the ranch dressing and the cheddar cheese, and after putting it into the pan I topped with some real bacon bits and chopped green onions. Tastes like a loaded baked potato.
This was very good. I cooked it in a 1.5 quart greased casserole dish. Instead of going to the trouble of boiling potatoes, I used two 15 ounce cans of diced potatoes (drained). I also used yellow onion instead of red because that's what I had on hand. I added about a teaspoon of the pre-chopped garlic from a jar and used about 1/4 - 1/3 of a cup of ranch. Stirred it altogether and baked for about 20 min. Then added about a cup of shredded cheese on top and finished cooking it. I cooked it at about 400 degrees. Nice flavor and will be making it again. Thanks for the recipe.