5 hrs 10 mins
This is an adapted recipe for the crock pot using Ragout of Beef #417314 by Chocolatl. Serve with noodles. Original recipe served 4, I doubled it for my family. Loved the aroma of this dish while it cooked in the crock pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon over medium heat in a skillet until crisp and brown. Remove from skillet and drain on a paper towel.
- 2Add beef to hot bacon fat and brown quickly, need to do this in 2 batches.
- 3Remove browned beef and put in crock pot.
- 4In same skillet add onions and green peppers, brown slightly. Remove and add to crock pot.
- 5Add remaining ingredients to crock pot and mix thoroughly.
- 6Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 to 10 hours.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Ragout of Beef
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2390.1
- Calories from Fat 2206
- Total Fat 245.2 g
- Saturated Fat 101.5 g
- Cholesterol 342.5 mg
- Sodium 306.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 30.3 g