Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is an adapted recipe for the crock pot using Ragout of Beef #417314 by Chocolatl. Serve with noodles. Original recipe served 4, I doubled it for my family. Loved the aroma of this dish while it cooked in the crock pot.
- Cook bacon over medium heat in a skillet until crisp and brown. Remove from skillet and drain on a paper towel.
- Add beef to hot bacon fat and brown quickly, need to do this in 2 batches.
- Remove browned beef and put in crock pot.
- In same skillet add onions and green peppers, brown slightly. Remove and add to crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot and mix thoroughly.
- Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 to 10 hours.