Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
Perfect served with a salad, baked potatoes, and a green vegetable. Very tender meat.
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 lbs rump roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Chop the onion and the garlic.
- Put the onions and garlic in the crock pot and set the roast on the top.
- Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- Pour in the wine.
- Cover and cook on the High setting until the meat is very tender about 5 hours.
- Remove the roast to a serving plate.
- Measure 2 cups of the cooking liquid into a saucepan.
- Stir together the flour and water and stir it into the cooking liquid.
- Bring to a boil, stirring, reduce the heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Slice the roast and serve with the gravy.
What a wonderful rescipe!
The pot roast was delicious! My fiance loved it. The meat is very juicy and very tasty. Note: Add the vegetables at the end (30 minutes before it ends). Crock pot time: [HIGH] 4:15:00 to about 4:30:00