Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a recipe from Pillsbury's Slow Cooker Recipe book that I've altered slightly. The fennel seeds and paprika really give the tenderloin a fantastic taste! Though the Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes go great with the pork, any potato will work.
- 591.47 ml sweet potatoes, cubed
- 591.47 ml yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 9.85 ml fennel seeds, crushed
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 907.18-1133.98 g pork tenderloin
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 1. Place potatoes in slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl combine fennel seeds, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- 3. Rub mixture onto pork tenderloin. Tenderloin might have to be cut in half in order to fit into the slow cooker. (The rub can be applied to the tenderloin the night before and refrigerated to save time and add extra flavor.).
- 4. Place tenderloin on potatoes.
- 5. Pour broth over pork and potatoes.
- 6. Cover; cook on low setting for 8-9 hours.
What a lovely dinner! Yes, the meat was very tender and had a nice flavor to it. I did feel like the pork needed a sprinkle of salt and pepper at the table, though. I used a pound of regular small potatoes and left them whole, and cut a 1 lb sweet potato in large chunks. I will definitely make this again!
Really good. I cooked for 9 hours on low with a 2 pound loin and it was moist and tender. Next time, I will probably cut the sweet potatoes a little bigger or put them on top of the yellow potatoes as they were softer than I like. Rub was delicious. :) Thank you for posting.
Delicious! The tenderloin was cooked to perfection. The combination of sweet potatoes and yukon gold was a nice touch and made for an attractive presentation.