1/3 Photos of Crock Pot Pork Mediterranean Style
24 hrs 30 mins
The longer I have my crock pot the more I love and appreciate it! Personally I find it is at its best with making stocks, soups, stews and large pieces of meat. My biggest joy is creating new recipes for it...hope you will like this one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork shoulder
For the marinade
- 1Mix all the ingredients for the marinade.
- 2Put the roast in a large bowl, stab all over with a sharp knife, pour over and rub in half of the marinade.
- 3Turn over and repeat, cover and leave in a cool place for 10-12 hours.
- 4When ready to cook bring roast back to room temperature.
- 5Preheat a large frying pan or skillet on the top of the stove.
- 6Scrape of as much marinade as possible and place that, together with the marinade in the bowl in your crock pot, switch on to low.
- 7When skillet is hot brown the roast on all sides for about 10 minutes, don’t use any oil or butter, there is still enough oil on the roast.
- 8Put in the crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- 9You can add two tablespoons of cream to the juices or serve them as they are.
- 10If you don’t like the juices just serve the pork with another gravy and discard the juices.
- 11To serve on buns or in pita, cook the pork 1-2 hours longer so you can pull it apart.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Pork Mediterranean Style
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.4
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 161.1 mg
- Sodium 174.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 38.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: