Recipe by lazyme
From the FIX-IT AND FORGET-IT COOKBOOK, Feasting with Your Slow Cooker by Dawn J. Ranck, Phyllis Pellman Good. Very easy and very good. The sauce is great over mashed potatoes too.
Top Review by Annacia
This is just the kind of dinner DH loves and whats not to love about the crock pot. Great tasting creamy gravy that I added a 1/4 of a red pepper to just because it was in the fridge. I was going to make mashed spuds but stuff came up and I used leftover rice. Even so it was still delicious. With it's easy prep and DH's smile I'm sure that this will be making repeat appearances. Made for PAC, Fall '09.
- 8 pork chops
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Brown in oil.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- In separate bowl, whisk together mushroom soup, onion, and evaporated.
- milk until smooth.
- Pour over chops.
- Cook on High 3 to 4 hours, or Low 6 to 8 hours.
- To increase flavor, stir 1/2 to 1 cup sour cream, or 1/4 cup sherry, into.
- mixture during last 30 minutes of cooking time.