Recipe by Kree
I love Crock pot recipes, and this one looks like a real winner! It's supposed to have a great sweet and sour flavor. I plan on trying this soon using boneless, skinless breasts. I found this on another website, and the serving size is an estimate.
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onions and carrots in bottom of 3-4 quart crock pot; top with chicken thighs.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for cornstarch and 3 Tbsp water in small bowl and blend well; pour into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and shred, using two forks; return to crock pot.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch and 3 Tbsp water and blend well; add to crock pot along with shredded chicken.
- Stir and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until liquid is thickened.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or couscous.