Not terribly authentic, but a great Chinese-tasting meal.
Make and share this Crock Pot Kowloon Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Combine ginger, garlic, broth and syrup from pineapple; set aside.
- Cut pineapple slices into fourths.
- Arrange pineapple and water chestnuts over chicken.
- Pour ginger sauce over all.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour; reduce heat to low and cook an additional 2 to 3 hours or until chicken is tender (it can be cooked up to 8 hours).
- Add green onions.
- Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce and vinegar.
- Stir into pot.
- Cover and cook on high 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve with crisp Chinese noodles.