Recipe by Mirj
Not terribly authentic, but a great Chinese-tasting meal.
Top Review by Bogey'sMom
I thought this was wonderful. Very easy to do. I did add a little extra soy sauce and corn starch - somehow I ended up with more liquid than I guess you should have - probably a fattier chicken or whatever. Delicious, as usual, Mirjam.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 1⁄2 ounces pineapple, sliced in syrup
- 4 ounces water chestnuts, drained sliced
- 4 green onions, diagonally cut
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Combine ginger, garlic, broth and syrup from pineapple; set aside.
- Cut pineapple slices into fourths.
- Arrange pineapple and water chestnuts over chicken.
- Pour ginger sauce over all.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour; reduce heat to low and cook an additional 2 to 3 hours or until chicken is tender (it can be cooked up to 8 hours).
- Add green onions.
- Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce and vinegar.
- Stir into pot.
- Cover and cook on high 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve with crisp Chinese noodles.