Recipe by Sassy in da South
A wonderful sauce and easy to make in the crockpot makes this recipe a must try. Can be served over pasta or rice.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- hot cooked pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, green pepper, onion, garlic and seasonings; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Pour cooking juice into a large saucepan; skim fat.
- Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into juices.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve sauce over chicken and pasta.