Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This was emailed to me, pretty tasty!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces spicy hot V8
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canned jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and garlic till meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Meanwhile, in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker combine tomato juice; catsup; water; brown sugar; jalapeño peppers, if desired; mustard, chili powder; and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in meat mixture. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or high-heat setting for 3 to 5 hours. Toast buns; spoon meat mixture over buns and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serves 8.
Very good. A few changes and additions. First off skipped the crock pot and cooked on stove. Add some sweet red peppers and about a half of a green bell pepper. Used green onions had some that needed to be used. I only used about 3 slices of jalapeno peppers. I like spicy, just not hot. Will make again and may add chipolte pepper next time.