Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I came up with this recipe when I had an abundance of fresh green beans. After canning 30 quarts, I knew I needed to find something else to do with all those beans! It's easy to prepare and one of my family's "comfort food" favorites. NOTE: not every crockpot cooks the same. My Rival crock pot is 20 years old and on the "high" setting food actually comes to a low boil. If your crock pot does not get that hot, then you will need to adjust for a longer cooking time.
- Place cut up ham hock in crock pot.
- Rinse beans and snap into halves or thirds.
- Place beans over ham.
- Place chopped onion and minced garlic over bean/ham mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour chicken broth over all.
- Cover and cook on high 4 hours.