4 hrs 20 mins
I came up with this recipe when I had an abundance of fresh green beans. After canning 30 quarts, I knew I needed to find something else to do with all those beans! It's easy to prepare and one of my family's "comfort food" favorites. NOTE: not every crockpot cooks the same. My Rival crock pot is 20 years old and on the "high" setting food actually comes to a low boil. If your crock pot does not get that hot, then you will need to adjust for a longer cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place cut up ham hock in crock pot.
- 2Rinse beans and snap into halves or thirds.
- 3Place beans over ham.
- 4Place chopped onion and minced garlic over bean/ham mixture.
- 5Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 6Pour chicken broth over all.
- 7Cover and cook on high 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Time To Make Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Time To Make Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Green Beans & Ham
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.3
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 1088.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked ham hock