Ham, Green Beans, and Potatoes (Slow Cooker)
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) ham shank (a ham hock may be acceptable, but it doesn't have as much meat)
- 3 -4 large potatoes, peeled (or not)
- 1 lb fresh green beans, rinsed with the ends cut off
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, juice extracted (NOTE ( I only use the juice from the canned beans, not the beans themselves)
- salt and pepper
- 1. Place whole ham shank in slow cooker.
- 2. Cover ham with prepared fresh green beans and potatoes.
- 3. Pour chicken broth and canned green bean juice over all ingredients.
- 4. Top with salt and pepper.
- 5. Cook on low 7-8 hours.
- 6. In the last hour of cooking, remove the bone from the ham shank. The meat should fall off pretty easily (or at least be close to it). Keep meat in slow cooker and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!