- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 shallots, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 lbs goat meat or 2 lbs lamb stew meat, chunked
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, chunked
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 ounces dried apricots, chopped
- 1 quart chicken soup (pho)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- black pepper (3 grinds)
- baby arugula, washed well
- 2 cups cubed roasted butternut squash
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat meat with well mixed spice mixture.
- melt butter in skillet, cook onion, garlic and shallots until soft and transparent.
- take half of onion mixure and half of meat and brown until edges are crispy over med high.
- repeat with remaining meat and onion mixture.
- place in crock pot while cooking the other half of meat and onion mixture.
- place meat, tomatoes, cinnamon, apricots and pho in crock pot and cook on high until the meat is fork tender and falling off the bone.
- after the meat is tender remove the cover, add the pre-cooked brown rice and cook for one half hour more to thicken.
- top the stew with roasted squash and greens.