Recipe by Kharma
Really spicy, unusual tasting curry. A very interesting dish. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I liked it at first but I kept eating it and eating it! Very good. And of course it smells amazing cooking. Serve over rice. From Sunset Crockery Cookbook.
Top Review by pugsinbuffalo
I was not terribly impressed with this dish. With most curry dishes, the spices need to be fried in the oil to release the full flavor potential. this dish was tender, but strange. Some of the other reviewers suggested the addition of vinegar,but intead if you have it, i recommend adding amchoor powder at the end.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs beef chuck steaks (cut into small strips or chunks)
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated ginger
- 6 -8 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onions, ginger, garlic, cinnamon stick, turmeric, and paprika in crock pot.
- Coat beef strips with flour and add to crock pot.
- Add cumin, coriander, cardamom, cloves, red pepper and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl mix tomato paste and water.
- Add to crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Add salt to taste.