Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A first attempt at game hen. Easy easy easy, and it turned out amazing! The meat falls right off the bone. I used what seasonings I had on hand, but think it has a lot of options for various flavors/tastes.
- 1 rock cornish game hen, thawed
- 5 garlic cloves, whole
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
SEASONINGS TO TASTE
- garlic salt
- onion powder
- Place onion slices in crock pot.
- Stuff bird cavity with whole garlic cloves.
- Rub seasonings (to taste) on outside of bird.
- Place bird on onion bed.
- Add 1-2 inches of water to crock pot with boullion cube.
- Cook 5-6 hrs on low.
- Bird is done when drumstick pulls out easily (make sure juices are clear).
The idea of this was good, but for my husband and me it didn't work. I like a crispy skin on my cornish hens, so I don't think this was the recipe for us. I can say if you want REALLY tender meal for a stew or soup, this is definitely a great way to get some tender meat. Thanks for posting.