Recipe by Jaime P.
This is a pretty lightly flavored dish, if you want more zip, just up the spices. This is great for people who are not big curry fans (i.e., my father).
Top Review by Lord Bezoar
I feel really bad to rate this so low. I really wanted this to turn out, but I have tried it twice now with no success. The results both times were terribly bland and just not to our taste. I do, however, love the idea and plan on playing with it to see how I can make it better.
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb chicken, cubed
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine curry, onion, ginger, oil and cayenne in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in meat, working spice mixture into meat with fingers.
- Place in Ziploc and refrigerate 1 – 24 hours.
- Brown meat mixture and place in crock pot.
- Add Rice and Broth to crock pot and mix well.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked through and all liquid is absorbed.