Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a pretty lightly flavored dish, if you want more zip, just up the spices. This is great for people who are not big curry fans (i.e., my father).
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb chicken, cubed
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Combine curry, onion, ginger, oil and cayenne in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in meat, working spice mixture into meat with fingers.
- Place in Ziploc and refrigerate 1 – 24 hours.
- Brown meat mixture and place in crock pot.
- Add Rice and Broth to crock pot and mix well.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked through and all liquid is absorbed.
I feel really bad to rate this so low. I really wanted this to turn out, but I have tried it twice now with no success. The results both times were terribly bland and just not to our taste. I do, however, love the idea and plan on playing with it to see how I can make it better.