St Patty's Day meal made easy! Serve with Rye bread or my Irish soda bread Irish Soda Bread 1. And some green beer (beer with green food coloring added. In the pictures is the corned beef topped with the pineapple glaze #57813.
- 3 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 parsnips, cut into 1 inch pieces (sweeeter then carrots)
- 3 -4 lbs corned beef brisket
- 2 -3 onions, cut into quarters
- 10 small red potatoes, halved, 6 medium quartered, 4 large cut into six pieces
- 1 small head of cabbage, cut into wedges keeping the core on each wedge so they stay in wedges
- 1⁄2-2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2-2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 12 ounces Guinness stout
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place carrots and parsnips into bottom of crock pot.
- Add corned beef brisket & onions.
- Mix together beer, water, sugar, dry mustard, garlic powder, sprig of thyme, salt and pepper.
- Pour into crock pot.
- Cover & cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- If carrots, parsnip and onions are tender you can remove them, placing them in a covered dish. Add cabbage wedges and potatoes to crock pot & push down into liquid.
- Turn crock pot on high & cook 2 more hours adding back the veggies if removed just to warm.
- Serve with a good mustard or place corned beef on a foil lined cookie sheet fat side up. Score fat, broil 3 minutes then pour about 1/2 cup Pineapple Ham Glaze Great for Corned Beef recipe # 57813 on top and broil for 2 more minutes.