Top Review by Gene-O
Well, after the long 10 hours, the small potatoes were still semi-hard, but it is a great dish, the meat was superb. I downsized the recipe online to 6 people but it barely fit in my big crockpot. It's a good recipe, I guess I need to do it again to get it perfect.
- 3 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 parsnips, cut into 1 inch pieces (sweeeter then carrots)
- 3 -4 lbs corned beef brisket
- 2 -3 onions, cut into quarters
- 10 small red potatoes, halved, 6 medium quartered, 4 large cut into six pieces
- 1 small head of cabbage, cut into wedges keeping the core on each wedge so they stay in wedges
- 1⁄2-2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2-2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 12 ounces Guinness stout
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place carrots and parsnips into bottom of crock pot.
- Add corned beef brisket & onions.
- Mix together beer, water, sugar, dry mustard, garlic powder, sprig of thyme, salt and pepper.
- Pour into crock pot.
- Cover & cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- If carrots, parsnip and onions are tender you can remove them, placing them in a covered dish. Add cabbage wedges and potatoes to crock pot & push down into liquid.
- Turn crock pot on high & cook 2 more hours adding back the veggies if removed just to warm.
- Serve with a good mustard or place corned beef on a foil lined cookie sheet fat side up. Score fat, broil 3 minutes then pour about 1/2 cup Pineapple Ham Glaze Great for Corned Beef recipe # 57813 on top and broil for 2 more minutes.