1/7 Photos of Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
8 hrs 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 parsnips, cut into 1 inch pieces (sweeeter then carrots)
- 3 -4 lbs corned beef brisket
- 2 -3 onions, cut into quarters
- 10 small red potatoes, halved, 6 medium quartered, 4 large cut into six pieces
- 1 small head of cabbage, cut into wedges keeping the core on each wedge so they stay in wedges
- 1/2-2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2-2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 12 ounces Guinness stout
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1Place carrots and parsnips into bottom of crock pot.
- 2Add corned beef brisket & onions.
- 3Mix together beer, water, sugar, dry mustard, garlic powder, sprig of thyme, salt and pepper.
- 4Pour into crock pot.
- 5Cover & cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- 6If carrots, parsnip and onions are tender you can remove them, placing them in a covered dish. Add cabbage wedges and potatoes to crock pot & push down into liquid.
- 7Turn crock pot on high & cook 2 more hours adding back the veggies if removed just to warm.
- 8Serve with a good mustard or place corned beef on a foil lined cookie sheet fat side up. Score fat, broil 3 minutes then pour about 1/2 cup Pineapple Ham Glaze Great for Corned Beef Pineapple Ham Glaze Great for Corned Beef on top and broil for 2 more minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (853 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 843.0
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 166.6 mg
- Sodium 2311.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 39.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: