Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
I have made this in the crock pot and on the stove top. I have also used canned chicken and that works great too. My family enjoys this tasty soup.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil.
- Transfer chicken to crock pot and add the onion, carrots, celery and corn.
- In a bowl, whisk the soup, broth and dill until blended and stir into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in peas and cream.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through.
This recipe has great flavor but it seemed more like the filling for chicken pot pie than soup. It is a very rich, creamy and thick "broth". I liked the addition of corn, but my family wasn't crazy about the peas. I did also have to add some noodles toward the end of cooking time because my family enjoys them in their soup. Thanks for sharing!