Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Great on those cold fall days!
Make and share this Crock Pot Chili Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can white shoepeg corn (drained)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Remove excess fat from chicken.
- Mix onion, garlic, broth, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper sauce in 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add chicken.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker.
- Use 2 forks to remove bones and shred chicken into pieces.
- Discard bones; return chicken to slow cooker.
- Stir in beans, corn, lime juice and cilantro.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 15 to 20 minutes or until beans and corn are hot.
This turned out pretty good. My DH thought it could use more heat...but I really enjoyed it. Made for PAC Spring 2014
Very good crock pot recipe. I used chicken tenderloins because I HATE handling raw chicken! I took them right from the freezer with good results. Just cooked on high for about 2 hours before moving to low. I also topped the served bowls with some low fat colby/jack shredded cheese. It's a flavorful recipe as is but I could see this being a great base to play with as I get more confident in my cooking. Warm and filling and healthy - perfect.
I agree that this is flavorful as written which my husband liked. (I added some chopped jalapeno to mine as a garnish.) Instead of using the crock pot, I sauteed the onions and garlic in a little oil then added the broth, spices, and chicken and cooked it for about 45 minutes before proceeding with Step 5. It was very good and even better as leftovers when all the flavors came together even more. Thanks for posting.