Recipe by Starlita
This is my all time favorite cheese dip! I first made this recipe when I got my first crock pot eons ago. I lost the recipe but found it again on Southerfood.about.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half, scalded
- 1 1⁄2 lbs grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 lb grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped jalapeno
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour scalded half and half into buttered crock pot.
- Turn to high and stir in cheeses.
- In small skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is tender.
- Combine flour with water and stir.
- Add wine and stir well.
- Add to cheese mixture.
- Cook covered on high for 30 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
- Turn to low and cook about 4-6 hours, stirring 2-3 times during the first hour and occasionally after that.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or other dippers.