6 hrs 20 mins
This is my all time favorite cheese dip! I first made this recipe when I got my first crock pot eons ago. I lost the recipe but found it again on Southerfood.about.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half, scalded
- 1 1/2 lbs grated monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 lb grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped jalapeno
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1Pour scalded half and half into buttered crock pot.
- 2Turn to high and stir in cheeses.
- 3In small skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is tender.
- 4Combine flour with water and stir.
- 5Add wine and stir well.
- 6Add to cheese mixture.
- 7Cook covered on high for 30 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
- 8Turn to low and cook about 4-6 hours, stirring 2-3 times during the first hour and occasionally after that.
- 9Serve warm with tortilla chips or other dippers.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chile Con Queso
Serving Size: 1 (1615 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4271.4
- Calories from Fat 3021
- Total Fat 335.7 g
- Saturated Fat 211.3 g
- Cholesterol 1010.4 mg
- Sodium 5312.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 240.7 g