Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Here is an easy crock pot recipe my mom came up with several years ago. This was the first recipe I ever made in my crock pot! Very filling and good served with biscuits.
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 cups water
- 3 -4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄2 small white onion, sliced
- In crock pot, mix soups and water until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, making sure potatoes are on the bottom.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
I made half the recipe in my 1 1/2 quart crock pot. I used 1 good-size boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes, half the veggies, the can of cream of chicken, and left out the cream of celery. This is perfect for feeding 2, or 1 with leftovers. Add the hot biscuits, and its comfort food made easy. Thanks Chris! Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring '09.
This is a definite kid pleaser. It is cheap and easy to make as well. I liked throwing everything in the crockpot and coming home from work to dinner made. I reccomend that you cook it on low temp. The chicken is very tender that way.