Recipe by JenniferK2
This is very tasty, don't be scared by the long list of ingredients - it's super easy to make.
- 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 10 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 ounces green chili peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 7 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into crock pot. Add water, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake until crisp, about 10-15 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.