Recipe by Bergy
Easy to get ready and do ahead recipe. You can add other leftover vegetables from the fridge and other spices to suit your mood. Serve with a salad
Top Review by BB502
Dee-lish! This was such a quick to make recipe. It was like having a wonderful stir-fry in a sweet pepper cup! The taste is wonderful! I liked the addition of the pine nuts. It was a nice change from the traditional ground beef stuffed peppers. The chicken and rice made for a great taste, when combined with the spices and the red pepper. Serving this was sooo pleasing to the eye...great presentation! Plus..it was made in a crockpot...what could be easier for busy cooks?
- 4 red peppers
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced to resemble fine stir fry (2 whole breasts)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) cansweet kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot chili flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the top off each pepper- save the tops, snap off the stem.
- Remove seeds& membranes from peppers, do not puncture the bottoms.
- Saute the chicken in an oil sprayed no stick skillet for 5 minutes, remove from the pan Saute Onion until transparent (approx 5 min).
- Add corn, pine nuts, cumin, chili flakes, salt& pepper.
- Return chicken to pan, add rice& chopped tomato.
- Fill the peppers and place in the crock pot.
- Sit each pepper on one of the saved pepper tops Pour the chicken broth around the peppers.
- Turn on low for approx 5 hours- Try not to lift the lid until near the end.
- If the broth has evaporated add a bit more or just add plain water.