7 hrs 20 mins
I really should use my crock pot more often. I mean, you get tasty results (such as this) with a minimum of work. My kind of kitchen appliance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped gingerroot or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1Mix all ingredients except pineapple, cornstarch, and bell pepper in 3 1/2 to 6 quart crock pot.
- 2Cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hours, high 3 to 4 hours, or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink in center.
- 3Mix reserved pineapple juice and cornstarch until smooth and stir gradually into chicken.
- 4Stir in pineapple and bell pepper.
- 5Cover and cook on high about 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 6Serve over hot cooked rice, and garnish with sliced green onions and toasted coconut, or chopped peanuts or cashews if desired.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chicken Stew With Pepper and Pineapple
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.7
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 733.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 28.9 g