Recipe by NataleeH9
An old friend of mine made something similar to this for me years ago, and I have always wanted to duplicate the recipe. After some digging thru the Internet I found a recipe to use as a starting point and modified it from there. Keep in mind you can always use substitutes on the soup such as Cream of Potato or Cream of Chicken. Also you can use another 1/2 can of soup and 1/2 package of stuffing, if you desire.
- 4 chicken breast halves or 1 (40 ounce) turkey breast
- 1 (6 ounce) packagestove top chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn on crock pot to high, add butter to crock pot, melt thoroughly.
- Place chicken or turkey in crock pot.
- Pour broth over chicken/turkey.
- Mix together stuffing, soup and water. Place on top of chicken/turkey.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours for chicken, 5-6 hours for turkey.
- Stir/fluff occasionally if you are available (not mandatory). Slightly shred the chicken or turkey once it is done.
- Serve with vegetable of your choice.