Cook6 hrs 30 mins
Why eat soup from a can when you can make it yourself with little effort?
Make and share this Crock Pot Chicken & Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup baby carrots (finely diced or grated)
- 3 small boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- hot water
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 10 ounces medium egg noodles
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Pour the broth into a large crock pot then add the carrots & spices. Place the breasts in the broth then cover with the lid & cook on low for 6 hours.
- Uncover, shred the chicken then place back into the broth. Add in the noodles and half & half along with enough hot water to cover the noodles.
- Cook on high for another 30 minutes. It is done once the noodles are tender, make sure not to overcook them. Salt & pepper to taste then serve.
This soup tasted great have so few spices. I was rather impressed. I will use a little less water next time as I only had regular chicken broth and my family likes thicker soups. made for ZWT6.
This soup i made for my husband to take to work with him and he loved it. Thank you for sharing this.
Made this recipe as written, although another time I'll take some shortcuts since I always have shredded chicken breast in the freezer! That said, we allow that you have a very nice tasting chicken soup recipe here & I'm happy to keep hold of it a while longer ~ Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a special compensation for none of her recipes having been chosen in the PRMR Holiday Special]