Recipe by Nasseh
Why eat soup from a can when you can make it yourself with little effort?
Top Review by kellychris
This soup tasted great have so few spices. I was rather impressed. I will use a little less water next time as I only had regular chicken broth and my family likes thicker soups. made for ZWT6.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup baby carrots (finely diced or grated)
- 3 small boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- hot water
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 10 ounces medium egg noodles
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the broth into a large crock pot then add the carrots & spices. Place the breasts in the broth then cover with the lid & cook on low for 6 hours.
- Uncover, shred the chicken then place back into the broth. Add in the noodles and half & half along with enough hot water to cover the noodles.
- Cook on high for another 30 minutes. It is done once the noodles are tender, make sure not to overcook them. Salt & pepper to taste then serve.