Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Another sweet potato stew. I like to spice it up by adding some red pepper flakes, but that is up to you. Enjoy
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, peeled and dice into large pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- combine all ingredients in crock pot (except basil).
- cover and cook 6 to 8 hours.
- when ready to serve sprinkle with basil.
I had never made a recipe with sweet potatoes and chicken before. I was a little leary about the cinnamon and nutmeg in a main dish but pleasantly surprised. I used the Russet potatoes that it called for and they were on the hard side. I will use regular white potatoes next time. I didn't add the red pepper flakes or basil and it was very tasty.