1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Cajun Pot Roast
7 hrs 30 mins
Pierre Dance's Note:
In the late 1960's I got this from a small Restaurant outside of Houma Louisiana. I remember I "oiled" the cook's vocal cords with a lot of cold Jax Beer to finesse the recipe out of him. About the only thing I've changed is re figuring it for the crock pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs chuck roast, lean, trimmed of fat, cut into 1 1/2 inch thick steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1Add tomatoes, stock, thyme, basil, red pepper flakes and bay leaf to the crock pot set on high; mix well.
- 2Mix cayenne, black pepper, and salt. Rub well into the roast.
- 3Heat a cast iron pan, add oil and brown meat on all sides. Add to crock pot.
- 4Sauté the vegetables in the drippings until tender. Add flour and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5Add vegetables to the crock pot.
- 6Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 6-7 hours.
- 7Cut into serving size portions.
- 8Serve on a bed of rice.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Cajun Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.9
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 406.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 38.0 g