Cajun Pot Roast for the Crock Pot
photo by CandyTX
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 25mins
- 2 - 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 -3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cajun-style stewed tomatoes or (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Trim fat from roast. Cut roast to fit in crock pot, if necessary. Rub Cajun seasoning all over meat. In large skillet brown meat on all sides in hot oil.
- In a 3 1/2 to 4 quart crock pot combine undrained tomatoes, onion, celery, tapioca, and garlic. Place meat on top of vegetable mixture.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Slice meat; serve with sauce over rice. Makes 6 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am 32, and I was born and raised in Somerset, Pennsylvania. I am married to a wonderful man and I have one daughter age 7 of my own, but on the weekends we have his son, age 12, and sometimes his daughter at our house. I have found cooking for a lot of different tastes is more difficult than I expected. I work full-time as a secretary and I am usually on the run most nights. I love to make good comfort foods on the weekends, but have very picky eaters. Always looking for good crock-pot recipes where I can throw everything together and forget about it until dinner time!