Vegetable-Beef Barley Soup (Crock Pot)
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 20mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean stewing beef
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (I use a gumbo blend.)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked barley
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Rinse the frozen vegetables under cold running water to separate and partially thaw before adding to soup.
- Mix all ingredients in 3 1/2- to 6-quart crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 hours or until vegetables and barley are tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Delicious! I cut the recipe in half and used fesh vegetables cut into chunks (carrots, celery, a leftover zucchini, some garlic and a few green beans). Wonderful. I did use beef broth for the water and bouillon. Served with recipe#105726#105726 and we had a great meal. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup ~ Jan-June 2013.