Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A nice breakfast for family and friends.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb turkey sausage
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 6 cups cubed French bread
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 2⁄3 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute or 5 beaten eggs
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- I use my rival 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe.
- I prepare it the night before and place liner in the refrigerator until morning.
- Let liner warm up a little before cooking.
- Add oil to skillet and brown sausage and green onions until no longer pink.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Spray liner of slow cooker with vegetable spray and add cubed French bread.
- Next add a layer of sausage and then cheese.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine milk, Egg Beaters, prepared mustard and pepper.
- Pour this over ingredients into slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 3 to 4 hours.