Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is SO easy!! Just 3 ingredients -- no hassle! My mom made this when I was growing up and now it is my husband's favorite beef stroganoff. I usually prepare this meal using lean beef and generic cans of soup (you can also substitute for cream of chicken soup). There is no extra seasoning needed.
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) bag wide egg noodles
- Okay ~ this is *very* easy. In the morning, dump your meat into your crockpot.
- Cover the meat with your 2 cans of soup.
- Cook on Low heat for 6-8 hours. The longer it cooks, the more tender the beef will be.
- Stir occassionally the last hour of cooking.
- Cook noodles as described on package.
- Serve Stroganoff over noodles.
I agree, great starter recipe, but I added thyme, parsley, and sliced mushrooms to give it some extra flavor. I mixed the cream of mushroom and cream of brocolli soup with the round roast all day. I dont usually eat meat but it smelled great and my 1 yr old ate it up fast. When my husband gets home I am sure he will love it too.
I found the taste a little bland so I added a few extras pepper, parsley, & fresh mushrooms. After preparing the egg noodles, I tossed them in a little butter & sprinkled them with poppyseeds. My family devoured it. Thanks for posting a quick and easy recipe for the crockpot. Made for PAC, Spring 2009