Recipe by Tish
Here is another beef stew for your trials and efforts. I froze this ahead of time and dumped it into the crock pot. If you are going to do this just blanch the veggies and freeze and package up. I'll detail it all below
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean stewing beef, cut into small bite sizes
- 5 cups beef gravy
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 cups potatoes, partially cooked, skin on and cut into bite size chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into smaller chunks
- 3 celery ribs, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots, cut into thirds (2-3 cups)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the gravy, tomato sauce, garlic and worcestershire. Dump gravy in first.
- Drop in the meat, onion, celery, and carrots.
- Mix it all up and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- The last 45 minutes add the potatoes. Take out 2 cups of the hot gravy and mix in the corn starch, then mix it back into the crock pot
- *Now, if you are going to prep this ahead and freeze to drop in the crock pot frozen Do the following:.
- Prep the gravy, tomato sauce, worcestershire, and garlic and put in a Ziploc.
- Blanch your veggies - under cook, and bag together, leaving out the potatoes.
- Bag the potatoes in a separate bag.
- Bag the beef, cut in chunks.
- When you are ready to use, just follow the directions above. You will have to thaw the gravy to pour in, but everything else can be thrown in frozen. You may have to add another hour to the cooking time.