Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I've put together a few different recipes to come up with something our family likes. Hope you enjoy it too! *I usually cut my potatoes into eighths unless they are small potatoes. *Using the crockpot on a low setting makes the meat so much more tender. *I have a 6 quart crockpot, so I can fit a lot into it.
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 -3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Put potatoes, carrots and onion on bottom of crockpot.
- Place the roast on top, fat side up.
- Pour in water or beef broth.
- Sprinkle chives, parsley, pepper and Onion Soup mix over the meat.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce and mushroom soup over meat.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- **Note: If your roast is frozen, start it on low the night before with just the water or broth. Add the rest of the ingredients the next morning and cook until dinnertime! If done this way, you can easily remove the fat layer in the morning before adding the other ingredients.
Made this for PAC 2010. Deeeeeeeeeelicious, it was well worth the wait. Mine was in for a good 10 hours and nice and tender. Potatoes and carrots were done just right and very yummy. Will definately make again. Thanks for sharing a lovely recipe.
Very, very good. This will be my 2nd time making this recipe. I usually add 1/2 cup red wine to my beef roast, but did not, as I wanted to taste what it was like using the recipe with water. I did sprinkle w/ground thyme ( maybe 1/2 teaspoon for 3 1/2 lbs beef) , simply because I like the flavor it gives a beef roast. This recipe is wonderful and many thanks for posting.
Best combination of seasoning & sauces with the broth, Worcester, & soup the flavor is great. Best roast recipe I've used.