Recipe by ROBIN PENA
Found on the internet with Amy F. as the poster. Thanks Amy this is so good! Prep time does not include marinade time, which is 3 hours to overnight.
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
Rather than using cubes of stewing beef, I made a roast using this. It turned out delicious! I used what was left of the broth and roast the following day, just adding a little more water and some beef bouillon to convert it into a French Dip, which is one of my family's favorites. It worked perfectly converted as well. Thank you for sharing such a delightful recipe Robin!
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 slices bacon, diced (pref thick cut)
- 12 small white onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients, mix well; add beef.
- Marinate at least 3 hours or over night.
- Drain meat; reserve marinade.
- In skillet sauté bacon; remove.
- Brown meat in bacon fat.
- Place beef, bacon, vegetables, and seasonings in crock pot.
- Pour over enough marinade to cover.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours.